Wednesday, April 22, 2009

For Maddie

It has been two weeks since the world lost Maddie, and so many are still trying to come to terms with this devastating loss. I my self struggle to understand what has happened how I can feel such a hurt for a little girl I never met. My mind can't even begin to comprehend the pain and sorrow that Heather and Mike are feeling. I want to wrap them in my arms and take away the pain and the hurt and make everything better. I know that I can't do that and that just hurts even more.

While I can not take away the pain there is something I can do for Maddie. Maddie lived her life with abandon even in the short time she was with us. For her I will my live life to the fullest. I will treasure those precious moments that life gives us and bask in their glory. Maddie gave unconditional love to her family, friends and that was shared with thousands of strangers around the world. For Maddie I will love my friends and family with all my heart and show love to those I don't know. I will keep Maddie's memory alive by sharing her story and all the love that surrounded her. Every year I will raise money and walk for the March of Dimes, in hopes that some day no hearts will have to break for another child lost to soon. I will think of Maddie when I wear purple or I see purple through out the day . Someday when I have children I will tell them Maddie's story so that the story of her life can be carried on by the next generation.

There is not a lot I can do right now, but I think that if I can do these things for her and try to live my life the way she did I think it might just be a start. What can you do for Maddie? How can you live your life for her?

1 comment:

Lisa @ Let's Talk Babies said...

Beautiful. I think doing those things will be an amazing tribute to Maddie.