Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving



I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. It's time for friends and family to gather together with out having to worry about the presents like at Christmas. We get a chance to look back on the past year and discover all the things we are thankful for. I also love the holiday because of the food! This girl likes to eat and I always look forward to the yummy food that we have for Thanksgiving lunch ( this family doesn't even wait around until dinner). There are some recipes that are must haves at our Thanksgiving meals. The one thing we always have to serve is my grandma's Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole . Someone suggested that we have a different broccoli casserole recipe , let's just say there was a slight uproar. Let's just say we will be having that recipe this year. Other recipes on this years menu:

Turkey with Dressing and Gravy
Stuffing Stuffed Mushrooms
Sweet Potato Casserole
Spicey Green Beans
Dinner Rolls

Desserts
Hyde Park Fudge Cake
Toffee Coffee Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Cheesecake

What are some most have recipes at your house? Do you do something out of the ordinary and not even serve a turkey?

1 comment:

Avasmommy said...

Oh how I wish I could get by with NOT doing turkey. *gag*
We do stuffing( mine has sausage & green peppers) a corn casserole that is to die for, candied carrots, mashe potatoes, gravy, turkey, ham(yes I do both) normally I make cheesecake and a pumpkin pie but this year we are having a small dinner so I am just making a berry pie.

You gotta give me the recipe for that fudge cake!!!